1. Download and install Win32 Disk Imager
Download from https://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/
2. Connect your microSD card to your PC
Note the drive letter that Windows has assigned to your microSD card
3. Run Win32 Disk Imager and select the correct drive letter
Device drop-down, select the drive letter you noted in the previous step. Double-check this.
4. Choose where you’d like to save the backup
- Click the folder icon next to
- choose the folder where you would like to store your backup
- type in the file you’d like to use for the backup (e.g.
5. Start the backup process
Read button. It’s important that you click “Read” and not “Write”, otherwise you’ll overwrite the contents of the SD card.
The software will now start the backup process.
Time to make a cup of tea
Please note that there is a lot of data to back up and the process could take anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour.